sábado, 27 de febrero de 2016

A Creative Commons License

Hello Everybody! I hope you liked my last entries, today I would like to talk you about the new Creative Commons button I have included on my blog (You can find it on the bottom part). After doing so I will like to share with you some reflections that made me take the decission of including it.

The license I have chosen for my blog was Creative Commons for many reasons that I would like to explain now.

What does your license allow others to do with your CLIL e-materials?
The first thing that made me chose Creative Commons instead of any other tools is the fact that it is a very well-known license, respected by many people around the world so I could have the security that all my work is well protected. The first thing I had to decide was if I wanted my material to be of public domain or to have it with copyright. I prefer my materials to be public since we are all living in a world where communication is easier than ever and helping others is enriching our society. I would like teachers from around the world to see or use my material if they can find them useful. That’s why I have chosen Creative Commons, it is a way to show my work and at the same time allow other people to use it.


What are good ways to motivate our students to use Creative Commons material and attribute properly?
The first we must do with our students is to explain them what creative property means so they can understand at first what they are protecting. Once we have explained this, it is the time to give them examples so they can identify with people whose creative property was stolen by others without giving them proper credit. We can make an example in class, a simulation, so they can fully understand what it means. The best way of motivating them to use it is to try to make them aware of how important is creative property and that one day they could be the person whose property has been stolen.

I hope you liked my reflections!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario