domingo, 21 de febrero de 2016

My 3,2,1 Introduction with Storyjumper

Hi everyone! The first task I had was to introduce myself by creating a 321 Introduction so everybody could know me better. My presentation was created with a tool called Storyjumper and you can see it here: 
(This is me)
Apart from what I told you there, I'm an English Teacher in a school in Madrid and I'm studying a Master's Degree in Bilingual Education at the moment. These are my first steps to crate an e-portfolio.
Now I would like to give you my opinion about the tool I have used to see if it could be suitable for your future educational projects.


What I liked the most about Storyjumper is the possibiliy of creating your own book with such interesting elements. You can add your own pictures as I did (Even editing some of them with the help of photoshop) or you can create characters and put them in a scene. You can also change the background using a picture of the programme or creating your own background. After that you have dialogue options to write the story and also props, which are small pictures or cliparts to decorate and bring life to your presentation (I loved the props, you can use the ones that the programme offers or create your own props). It is quite easy to learn how to use it and the possibilities go as far as you can imagine. After having created it you can save it and it will be like your own real book. In this case I decided to use my own and pixabay pictures to tell you facts about me but it could be easily used for creating stories for kids. The possibilities for Primary Education are wide and you can use many topics or ideas to work through the tool.
The only thing I would change is that you cannot choose or create a background for the cover (You can only use colours but not special pictures) and also de fact that the variety of speech bubbles you can use is not very wide. Apart from that, I really enjoyed creating my presentation with Storyjumper and I would use it again to create a story with my children (I am currently teaching children from 5 to 7 years old).
I hope you will enjoy my presentation and you will know me better!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario