jueves, 28 de abril de 2016

Evaluating an e-project

Good afternoon dear peers... The ICT subject is finishing and I feel sad... When I look back to February, a few months ago, I realize that I have learned a lot during this time. I have never been very good at ICT, as I must admit. Nevertheless, I found that I am able of more than I could ever imagine. But this is not over yet and today I would like to bring you a new challenge: creating a rubric to evaluate an e-project.



As teachers we must face assessing student's everyday. We have to learn how to do it correctly and find the appropriate tool to do it is essential. I have never created a rubric by using an online tool, I've done some evaluation forms or handmade tables in a paper, but that was all. The first thing I decided was creating a rubric that could be useful for every type of e-project and including all the aspects that, for me, are essential.





The tool I have chosen, recommended by my peers who have used it, is Quick Rubric. As the name of the webpage says, it is a tool specially designed to save time when creating a rubric. The use is very simple but at the same time complete and the options are not very wide but neat.





  • The first thing is writing a title and a short explanation in which you have to include the essential purpose of your rubric. You just have to write it and when you have done it the model of the rubric is generated.
  • You can create columns considering the type of mark you are giving them and then assign it a concrete punctuation. I decided to use from 1 to 4 so the final mark if everything is perfect will be 28, which is a 10.
  • At the left you will include all the aspects that you will evaluate in the e-project and I decided to consider them according to what it is important to me: the content and topic chosen, the tool selected, the cohesion and coherence of the elements, the creative aspect, the variety of activities, the group work and finally the dissemination of the project.
  • And then the rubric in itself has a short explanation of what is evaluated in each row and what is expected from the project to be proficient. To pass the e-project the recommended mark is a 14, the half of 28. Less than a 14 means that our students will have to repeat or revise some aspects of the e-project.


You can see the rubric I have created here:




But the thing that made me finally decide whether the rubric is correct or not was tasting it with one of my peers. For that I have chosen the artifact created by one of my peers' groups, the Body e-project. You can see it here:





After observing and anylised this e-project I have given them the following mark:


  • Content and topic: 4The content is perfect for the topic chosen and it fits with all the objectives established for the e-project.
  • Tool used: 3The tool has been used with a good control. Most of the options of the tool have been explored and used correctly.
  • Cohesion and coherence: 4The elements of the project are perfectly related, coherent with the content and topic chosen and very well explained.
  • Innovative aspects: 3The project includes some elements that were not expected and some innovations. It has a few original aspects that were not demanded.
  • Variety of activities: 3The variety of activities is good and they explore some aspects of the topic chosen. The activities are careful and correctly developed.
  • Group work: 4The project shows a good group work where everybody has supported the others and participated.
  • Dissemination: 4The dissemination of the project is perfect. It is accesible in many different social media and the posts are neat and useful.
Their final mark is a 25, which is a proficient and excellent e-project.

I hope you liked my post, feel free to use my rubric when needed!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario