jueves, 21 de abril de 2016

My First Choco-talk!

Hi everyone!

Today I would like to explain you my first experience with a challenge I have never taken before, a Choco-talk (Yummy!). And you must be asking yourself... What is a Choco-talk and what does she mean? 



It is a proposal by which us, as students taking a Master's Degree in the Rey Juan Carlos University, developed an open live talk in which we spoke about CLIL in general and the e-projects we have designed and created. It sounds exciting, don't you think? (And full of chocolate, of course)


And you might be thinking... When was the Choco-talk? It was the 7th of April from 19.00 pm to 20.00 pm Spanish time. Our group and I were pretty nervious that day and we had prepared many things to make our first Choco-talk a perfect event. Now you can see an example of the promotion we have created for our group, using Sam as a funny way to motivate people to join us:



The talk was carried out by one (in some groups two) members and they had to speak in front of a camera about some interesting topics about CLIL such as Advantages and Disadvantages of CLIL, ICT's and its paper in education, the educational emotion in our system and finally they spoke about every project. They also spoke about a part of ICT's that I like a lot, videogames. The debate about videogames made me think and in my following class I tried it, my students were so motivated... I promiss you, you must try it!


Now I would like to introduce you my team peers, who are Neus, Marta, Álvaro and Paula had different papers relating to the choco-talk:
  • Neus and Álvaro were in charge of a very important paper, the speakers. They did a really good job when they spoke and they main paper was to outline what the whole group wanted to add to the talk, to speak in front of the camera defending and debating with our other peers and above all, promoting and speaking perfectly about our e-project!
  • Marta had another basic paper for the good development of the Choco-talk, the disseminator. She had spend the whole hour promoting the talk, adding pictures, twittering, blogging and everything related to the Social Media. What an interesting part, don't you think?
  • Paula and I were the content curators. We had to collect all the information during the Choco-talk for what I did many things, do you want to know more about it? Continue reading.

My experience as a content curator was funnier than I expected, at first I had to fully understand what a content curator is and what I was suposed to do. After checking that information I had to decide how would I take the notes and everything so I decided to use my laptop and my ipad at the same time; one for writing and the other one for watching the video. During the whole hour I wrote almost every word they said so at the end I could summarize and remember exactly what they talked about. After that, Paula and I put everything in common and we created another documment that we used lately for creating a visual explanation of the talk, a Genially documment.

My experience as a content curator was very enriching, I enjoyed the talk, I had taken the notes and I created a visual and nice presentation containing the most important topics of the talk. To be honest, I thought it was going to be the worst paper of the Choco-talk because you had to pay attention to many things, but I found myself having fun watching and writing at the same time.

Would you like to know more about the presentation created with Genially? You can see it here, but... Please, watch the Choco-talk before!!



I hope you enjoyed the post!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario